What is FOWVIS?
Welcome to our school!
The Friends of Windlesham Village Infant School (FOWVIS) is a registered charity (No. 1097189) that typically raises in excess of £10,000 for the school every year. Simply by becoming a member of our WVIS community all parents/carers automatically become members of FOWVIS. Getting involved with our PTA (called FOWVIS) is a great way to meet other parents and at the same time support the education of your child and all the children who attend our school.
Who we are and what we do
As in most schools, funds are raised through hosting events and we are very fortunate to have parents, carers and grandparents whose support forms an integral part of our school community.
FOWVIS organises a number of fun social activities as well as key fundraising events throughout the year and we actively encourage everyone to come along and get involved.
We meet monthly to agree how funds should be used in school, to discuss previous fundraisers and to plan upcoming events and socials. Everyone is welcome to attend our friendly informal meetings.
The Annual General Meeting is held annually and this is when parents/carers can put themselves forward for elected committee FOWVIS roles such as the Chair, Treasurer and Secretary, and to become trustees. We also have a variety of large and small non-committee roles that parents can get involved in too and each year we look for people to join us.
We have a superb and data safe communication platform with parents called Classlist. This app allows parents and carers at the School to communicate with each other as well as a tool to know what FOWVIS events are coming up and what help is needed.
FOWVIS needs your support
There are lots of ways you can help and support us even if you only have a small amount of time available:
- Any offer of help before or at events, or at other times during the year is invaluable.
- You can volunteer to be a Committee Member or a Class Rep.
- You are very welcome to come to our monthly meetings, where we make sure that every voice is heard.
- You can support us in an advisory capacity - such as fundraising ideas, publicity and PR or grant bid writing as examples.
- Donations are extremely important, these can be items for sale, donations for raffles or offers of services and skills etc. and monetary donations are gratefully received - especially where we can claim Gift Aid or matched funding.
How the money is spent
For the 2020-2021 Academic Year c£12,000 of FOWVIS funds were spent supporting:
In Class Support:
- Class funds
- New books and equipment
- Class Christmas funds
- Sports Day hygiene facilities
- Internet Safety workshop
- Additional workshops from external providers
School Facilities Support:
- Grounds maintenance contract
- IT rolling replacement including replacement of Smart Boards and the required software licences
- Power Maths
- Purple Mash
- Phonics Play
The value of parents’ and carers' involvement in FOWVIS is immeasurable. Without your, our children’s educational experience would be considerably less. We have great fun doing all these things, we are really proud to provide funds to make our school even better, and it’s such a joy to see the pleasure the children get from our events and projects.
Please do not hesitate to get in contact: firstname.lastname@example.org