Public Consultation Regarding Admissions
Public Consultation regarding Admissions at Windlesham Village Infant School
- on the permanent reduction of the Published Admissions Number from 2022 onwards
- on the removal of the clause ‘nearest school’ in Admissions criteria.
Windlesham Village Infant School seeks opinions regarding their wish to reduce the Published Admissions Number from 60 to 30, with effect from September 2022. This follows an earlier consultation which led the school to reduce the Published Admissions Number from 60 to 30 for September 2021.
Following recently issued guidance from Surrey County Council over the use of ‘Nearest School’ criterion, we have reviewed the criterion and the impact it has had over recent intakes. We propose to remove it, meaning that our admissions criteria for September 2022 would be:
1. Looked after and previously looked after children
2. Exceptional social/medical need
3. children of staff who a) have been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission is made b) OR b) who have been recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skills shortage
5. Any other children * in the event of the school being oversubscribed, those children living nearest the school, measured in a straight-line using Surrey Admissions GIS, would be offered a place ahead of those living further away.
The consultation will run for 8 weeks from 1/12/20 to 26/1/21.
Please use the consultation response form to register your opinion by 26/1/21 and return it to:
Windlesham Village Infant School